The 133rd version of Wimbledon is right here and there is loads of storylines to comply with this yr at tennis’ oldest main.
Novak Djokovic earned the highest seed for the boys’s singles match whereas reigning French Open champ Ashleigh Barty boasts the No. 1 seed on the ladies’s aspect. Eight-time Wimbledon champ Roger Federer sits proper behind Djokovic with the 2-seed whereas Rafael Nadal rounds out the highest three with the 3-seed.
2019 Australian Open champ Naomi Osaka enters her third Wimbledon with the 2-seed, however she’s struggled prior to now by no means advancing previous the third spherical. Serena Williams is available in because the 11-seed trying so as to add to her record of 23 grand slam titles, together with seven wins on the All England Membership.
Under is the complete 2019 Wimbledon schedule, with each day TV protection data and order of play for each spherical.
LIVE: Observe dwell scores, outcomes from Wimbledon
Wimbledon 2019 schedule
The 2019 Wimbledon match begins Monday, July 1. The match will happen each day over the next two weeks with an off day on Sunday, July 7. It’s going to conclude with the ladies’s singles championship Saturday, July 13, and the boys’s singles championship Sunday, July 14.
Under is the round-by-round breakdown of the schedule for each women and men.
Wimbledon TV channels, dwell protection
The whole Wimbledon match might be considered dwell on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN+. As well as, viewers can stream the match on-line at ESPN.com and by way of the WatchESPN app. You can too comply with the outcomes with our dwell Wimbledon scoreboard.
|Date||Spherical||Time (ET)||TV Channel|
|Monday, July 1||First Spherical||6 a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN+|
|Monday, July 1||First Spherical||6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||ESPN|
|Tuesday, July 2||First Spherical||6 a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN+|
|Tuesday, July 2||First Spherical||6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||ESPN|
|Wednesday, July 3||Second Spherical||6 a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN+|
|Wednesday, July 3||Second Spherical||6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||ESPN|
|Thursday, July 4||Second Spherical||6 a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN+|
|Thursday, July 4||Second Spherical||6 a.m. – Four p.m.||ESPN|
|Friday, July 5||Third Spherical||6 a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN+|
|Friday, July 5||Third Spherical||6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||ESPN|
|Saturday, July 6||Third Spherical||Eight a.m. – 5 p.m.||ESPN|
|Sunday, July 7||Highlights||Three p.m. – 6 p.m.||ABC|
|Monday, July 8||Spherical of 16 Courtroom 1, outer courts||6 a.m. – Four p.m.||ESPN2|
|Monday, July 8||Spherical of 16 Centre Courtroom||Eight a.m. – Four p.m.||ESPN|
|Tuesday, July 9||Ladies’s quarterfinals Courtroom 1||Eight a.m. – 2 p.m.||ESPN2|
|Tuesday, July 9||Ladies’s quarterfinals Centre Courtroom||Eight a.m. – Four p.m.||ESPN|
|Wednesday, July 10||Males’s quarterfinals Courtroom 1||Eight a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN2|
|Wednesday, July 10||Males’s quarterfinals Centre Courtroom||Eight a.m. – Four p.m.||ESPN|
|Thursday, July 11||Ladies’s semifinals||Eight a.m. – 1 p.m.||ESPN|
|Friday, July 12||Males’s semifinals||Eight a.m. – 2 p.m.||ESPN|
|Saturday, July 13||Ladies’s closing||Eight a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN|
|Sunday, July 14||Males’s closing||9 a.m. – Three p.m.||ESPN|
Wimbledon schedule immediately
Males’s singles matches
Click on right here or refresh the web page if immediately’s match schedule doesn’t seem.
Ladies’s singles matches
Click on right here or refresh the web page if immediately’s match schedule doesn’t seem.
Opta has compiled a complete record of stats and information forward of the match.
- The final 16 years at Wimbledon have been dominated by the identical 4 gamers: Federer (8), Djokovic (4), Nadal (2), Murray (2). The final winner at Wimbledon earlier than them was Lleyton Hewitt in 2002.
- Every of the final eight males’s titles at Wimbledon have been received by both Novak Djokovic (4), Roger Federer (2) or Andy Murray (2).
- Every of the final 5 males’s Grand Slam tournaments have been received by both Novak Djokovic (3) or Rafael Nadal (2).
- Since Wimbledon 2004, not less than considered one of Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal has been within the semi-final of each Grand Slam (60 occasions).
- No participant has received consecutive titles at Wimbledon since Novak Djokovic did it in 2014 and 2015.
- Novak Djokovic has received just one title at Wimbledon as the highest ranked participant: it was in 2015 when Djokovic beat Roger Federer in 4 units.
- Solely Roger Federer (8), Pete Sampras (7) and Bjorn Borg (5) have received extra males’s singles titles at Wimbledon within the Open Period than Novak Djokovic (4).
- Roger Federer has received the boys’s singles title at Wimbledon eight occasions, essentially the most amongst all gamers in Wimbledon’s historical past.
- Rafael Nadal has the chance to win the French Open and Wimbledon in the identical yr for the third time after 2008 and 2010, following his win at Roland Garros in June. Nadal was the final participant to realize a French Open – Wimbledon “double”.
- Rafael Nadal has not received consecutive Grand Slam titles since 2010 when he received at Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open.
- Rafael Nadal has reached the semi-finals spherical in eight of his 10 final Grand Slam appearances.
- Ought to Stan Wawrinka win Wimbledon, he would turn out to be the ninth participant to finish a profession Grand Slam, having already received the Australian Open (2014), Roland-Garros (2015) and US Open (2016).
- French Open runner-up Dominic Thiem has by no means made it previous the fourth spherical at Wimbledon and has been knocked-out earlier than the third spherical on 4 of his earlier 5 appearances.
- Kevin Anderson has did not make it by way of the fourth spherical of any Grand Slam match since he reached the title sport at Wimbledon in 2018.
- Alexander Zverev has by no means reached the quarter-finals in his earlier 4 appearances at Wimbledon and solely as soon as has he made it to the fourth spherical at SW19.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas will goal to succeed in quarter finals at Wimbledon for the primary time in his profession after making it to the fourth spherical in 2018.
- Kyle Edmund has by no means made it previous the third spherical at Wimbledon and has been knocked-out earlier than the third spherical on 5 of his earlier six appearances.
- Roger Federer is the oldest participant to win the boys’s singles at Wimbledon (35 years and 342 days outdated in 2017). Since his win within the match in 2017, he has reached the semi-finals of a Grand Slam match solely twice (winner of the Australian Open 2018 and semi-final at Roland-Garros 2019).
- Solely Naomi Osaka has received consecutive titles within the final 16 girls’s Grand Slam tournaments (US Open 2018 and Australian Open 2019).
- Solely Amelie Mauresmo (2006) and Serena Williams (2016, 2015, 2010) have received the ladies’s title at Wimbledon as the highest ranked participant within the final 15 years.
- 11 of the final 12 girls’s singles finals at Wimbledon have been performed out over two units. The one exception being Serena Williams’ win over Agneszka Radwanska in 2012.
- Serena Williams has received extra Grand Slam titles within the Open Period than another participant (23) and another victory would see her draw stage with Margaret Courtroom’s all-time document of 24 (13 within the Novice Period, 11 within the Open Period).
- Serena Williams might win her eighth girls’s singles title at Wimbledon, shifting her away from Steffi Graf’s tally and behind solely Martina Navratilova (9) for singles titles at SW19.
- Serena Williams has not received any of the final 9 Grand Slams, together with her final win coming on the Australian Open in 2017 – that is Serena Williams’ longest span and not using a Grand Slam title since 2002.
- Ought to Serena Williams handle to win the title at Wimbledon with out dropping a set it could be the seventh time she’s received a Grand Slam in that style, greater than another participant (at the moment tied with Martina Navratilova on 6). The final lady to win the singles title at Wimbledon with out dropping a set was Marion Bartoli in 2013.
- Naomi Osaka has received two of the final three Grand Slam girls’s titles (US Open 2018 & Australian Open 2019) however has by no means made it previous the third spherical at Wimbledon.
- Angelique Kerber has the chance to turn out to be the primary European lady to win again to again titles at SW19 since Steffi Graf in 1995-96.
- Angelique Kerber has reached the ladies’s closing in two of her final three Wimbledon tournaments however has by no means made it to the semi-finals in consecutive years.
- Angelique Kerber has failed to succeed in the quarter-finals in any of her final three Grand Slam tournaments since she received the ladies’s title at Wimbledon in 2018.
- Ashleigh Barty has reached the quarter-finals in her final two consecutive Grand Slam tournaments however failed to succeed in that stage in her earlier 17 appearances in a Grand Slam.
- Just one participant has received each Roland Garros and Wimbledon in the identical yr since 1997: Serena Williams in 2002 and 2015.
- Two-time Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova has did not make it previous the third spherical at every of the final 4 editions of the match, this after reaching not less than the quarter-finals in 5 consecutive appearances earlier than that.
- Karolina Pliskova has reached not less than the quarter-finals in two of her final three Grand Slam tournaments however has did not make it previous the fourth spherical at Wimbledon.
- Caroline Wozniacki has by no means made it previous the fourth spherical at Wimbledon, she’s reached the quarter-finals not less than twice at every of the three different Grand Slams.
- Sloane Stephens has reached the quarter-finals in three of her final 5 appearances in a Grand Slam match however solely as soon as in her seven appearances at Wimbledon.
- Garbine Muguruza has reached the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam match solely as soon as since her triumph at Wimbledon in 2017 (semi-final at Roland-Garros 2018).