Among the best fighters on this planet and a former world champion lastly lock horns on Saturday when Max Holloway places his featherweight championship on the road in opposition to Frankie Edgar in the primary occasion of UFC 240 on the Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The co-main occasion has Cris Cyborg taking over Felicia Spencer in girls’s featherweight motion.
Initially, Holloway and Edgar have been supposed to satisfy at UFC 222 again in March 2018, however the champion needed to bow out of the battle as a consequence of a leg damage. Edgar stayed on the cardboard and suffered a first-round knockout to Brian Ortega.
Be a part of DAZN and watch greater than 100 battle nights a yr
Holloway (20-4) defends his belt for the primary time in 2019 when he had a bloody struggle with Ortega at UFC 231 and received by fourth-round TKO to run his successful streak at featherweight to 13. The 27-year-old’s general successful streak of 13 resulted in April, when he misplaced to Dustin Poirier by unanimous determination for the interim light-weight title at UFC 236.
Edgar (22-6-1) returns to the Octagon for the primary time in 15 months, having defeated Cub Swanson by unanimous determination final April. The previous light-weight champion was scheduled to face Yair Rodriguez in November, however “The Answer” needed to pull out as a consequence of a torn bicep.
When is UFC 240?
UFC 240 will happen Saturday, July 27. Pay-per-view protection begins at 10 p.m. ET. Max Holloway and Frankie Edgar ought to enter the Octagon round 12:15 a.m.
How do I watch UFC 240?
The principle card on pay-per-view may be bought for $59.99. Each PPV may be seen solely by way of the tip of 2025 on ESPN+.
The place is UFC 240?
UFC 240 can be held at Rogers Place in Edmonton.
UFC 240 betting odds
In accordance with sportsbookreview.com (as of July 23), Max Holloway is a -410 favourite, which implies you’d have to guess $410 to win $100. Frankie Edgar is a +340 underdog, that means should you have been to guess $100, you’ll web $340.
Max Holloway report, bio
Title: Max Holloway
Born: December 4, 1991
Attain: 69 inches
Complete fights: 24
Frankie Edgar report, bio
Title: Frankie Edgar
Born: October 16, 1981
Complete fights: 29
UFC 240 battle card
Most important card
- Max Holloway (c) vs. Frankie Edgar for Holloway’s featherweight title
- Cris Cyborg vs. Felicia Spencer; Girls’s featherweights
- Geoff Neal vs. Niko Value; Welterweights
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Arman Tsarukyan; Lightweights
- Marc-André Barriault vs. Krzysztof Jotko; Middleweights
- Alexis Davis vs. Viviane Araújo; Girls’s flyweights
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Yoshinori Horie; Featherweights
- Gavin Tucker vs. Seung Woo Choi; Featherweights
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Deiveson Figueiredo; Flyweights
- Gillian Robertson vs. Sarah Frota; Girls’s Flyweights
- Erik Koch vs. Kyle Stewart; Welterweights
- Tanner Boser vs. Giacomo Lemos; Heavyweights