Thailand wasn’t anticipated to supply a lot opposition for america within the defending champions’ 2019 World Cup opener, and that is precisely how issues performed out Tuesday.
The U.S. rolled to a 13-Zero victory within the Group F opener in Reims, by no means threatened by its overwhelmed opponent.
Here is a take a look at a number of the loopy numbers, courtesy of Opta:
• The USA’ 13-Zero win is the most important margin of victory ever in a World Cup match (males’s and girls’s).
• The USA took 40 photographs towards Thailand, 20 of which had been on course. Each are essentially the most in a Ladies’s World Cup match since a minimum of 2011.
• Alex Morgan tied the Ladies’s World Cup file with 5 targets. She additionally had three assists and eight targets plus assists, essentially the most by any participant since 2011. Solely three different gamers have had 3-plus targets and 1-plus assists in a Ladies’s World Cup match.
• Morgan joined Carli Lloyd, Carin Jennings and Michelle Akers as the one Individuals to file a hat trick within the WWC.
5 – Alex Morgan is the second participant in #FIFAWWC historical past to attain 5 targets in a single sport, doing so 27 years and 199 days after fellow @USWNT worldwide Michelle Akers managed this feat towards Chinese language Taipei in November 1991. Decimated. pic.twitter.com/kkl7kay7Rz
– OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) June 11, 2019
• Lloyd and Morgan now every have eight targets within the Ladies’s World Cup, tied for the third-most ever by an American.
• There have been simply six minutes between USA’s 4th and seventh targets towards Thailand (50, 53, 54, 56), the quickest 4 targets have ever been scored in a single Ladies’s World Cup match within the competitors’s historical past.
• The USWNT grew to become the primary group in Ladies’s World Cup historical past to have three completely different gamers file a brace in the identical match.
• Rose Lavelle (24 years, 28 days) and Lindsey Horan (25 years, 16 days) are the third- and fourth-youngest Individuals, respectively, to file a brace in a Ladies’s World Cup match.
• Mallory Pugh (21y 1m 13d) is now the third-youngest goalscorer in a Ladies’s World Cup match in USWNT historical past..
• Carli Lloyd (36y 10m 26d) and Megan Rapinoe (33y 11m 6d) are actually the third- and fourth-oldest American goalscorers in WWC historical past, behind Abby Wambach (35y 15d) and Kristine Lilly (36y 62d).
• Rapinoe additionally tallied two assists, giving her six in Ladies’s World Cup play, tied with Japan’s Aya Miyama for essentially the most in match historical past.
1+1+1 – The US is the primary group to attain a headed purpose, right-footed purpose and a left-footed purpose within the first half of a #FIFAWWC match since Germany and Norway each did so on on the identical matchday in June 2015. Versatility. pic.twitter.com/GfYHleeF8y
– OptaJack⚽️ (@OptaJack) June 11, 2019
• The USWNT has now had 32 completely different gamers (excluding personal targets) rating for them on the Ladies’s World Cup, making the US the second nation to have that many alternative scorers within the competitors’s historical past after Germany (34).
• Samantha Mewis’ opening purpose for USA was the 800th purpose scored in FIFA Ladies’s World Cup matches, with USA liable for 116 of them – greater than some other group.